Sunday, May 31, 2009

I can't believe that my time here is almost over.

Jambo!

This will be a quick email since things are a little crazy around here today. The group leaves this afternoon to go back to America and Cecily and I are staying to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. We leave for Tanzania on Tuesday morning on a bus and our climb will go from the 2nd to the 8th. Wish us luck!

Last night we took the group and some of the staff here to a nice dinner. It was a hilarious group. We had Wambu, the village elder who is the African version of Chuck Norris, Peter the welder who made the ovens, Jackton the most humble leader I know who runs the show around here, and Laurent the cooking teacher. The place we ate at is called the Carnivore and all they served was meat...literally. We ate crocodile, ostrich, pork ribs, turkey, chicken, beef, etc. By the end of the meal I felt like I had a noah's arc battle in my stomach. It was definitely an experience.

I can't believe that my time here is almost over. I have received dozens of letters from the students here thanking me for being here. Although Cecily and I will be here for two more days, we have already begun to say our goodbyes. Today we are making lunch for the Texas A&M group who came this week. Also, I am riding to the airport with the group to say a tearful goodbye. I have so much to tell and I will try and write an email before I leave for Tanzania. I love you all so much!

Hakuna Matata,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment